Saturday, July 21, 2007

Strib's Post-Trial Interviews With Rep. Mark Olson and Heidi Olson

From the Strib:

Heidi Olson, who had five children with her first husband, who died in a 2002 traffic accident, said Mark's false allegations hurt her kids most, especially her two older sons, ages 20 and 26. They were in the courtroom when he testified. She said she has talked about the trial with all of her kids, only two of whom still live at home.

"I don't allow them to mock Mark. We pray for healing. He is not healthy right now. I am careful about not being bitter, and I try to model forgiveness." She said her husband has some good qualities and a lot of potential if he's treated for his anger.

Mark Olson suggested that his wife also may need further anger counseling. "Anger ... is the hardest thing to respond to without anger," he said.


...way to go, Mark!... always put the blame on someone else...

After the jury's verdict last week, Heidi Olson issued a statement saying she forgave her husband. Told of her statement, Mark Olson said that he in turn forgave her, loved her and hoped to reconcile.

Reconcile? No way, said Heidi Olson, adding that she hopes their four-year marriage will end Thursday at a family court hearing. She said "it was odd" to see his response on television after the verdict:

He emerged from the courtroom "smiling like he had won an election, and wanted to forgive me and love me and take me back. I need to protect my family from Mark.

"I am sad about him using self-defense. That says he doesn't want to really deal with his [anger] problem," Heidi Olson said. "I am more sad than mad at him. I am just very sad."

A somber Mark Olson said, "I miss my family."


...earlier in the article, the reporter mentions that Heidi Olson also took offense at Mark Olson's attorney using her size against her. Olson still has a picture of him and Heidi's family on his campaign website. She looks shorter in the photo (see below). Did Mark tell his wife to stand in a hole?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: