Friday, April 21, 2006

Skytran - The Smoking Gun of PRT Absurdity

People often ask me for one simple, easy-to-understand example to explain why PRT is a hoax and a scam.

A lot of the people behind the Personal Rapid Transit scam are very web-savvy. Many of them are software designers. I've heard that least one of the gadgetbahners is one of those rich ex-Microsoft geeks.

So, it's not surprising that they are able to create flashy websites and use engineer jargon that reads like PRT is a genuine transportation technology. Most people are not transportation geeks like me, so It's very frustrating having to explain what "headway" and "capacity" mean. People need the obvious "smoking gun" example that shows just how ridiculous PRT is.

I've found it... it's called Skytran.

I've created an entire page on my website for Skytran...the "smoking gun" of PRT absurdity.

On that Skytran page, I mention ATRA (the Advanced Transportation Association). Mark Olson mentioned ATRA last week when he failed to attach his silly PRT amendment to HF2959, the Omnibus Capital Investment bill.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: