Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Personal Rapid Transit is Not a "Green Technology".

The Sierra Club North Star Transportation Committee voted May 1st to affirm their support for Transit for Livable Communities' resolution opposing public funding of PRT. Download a copy here.

Some "Greens", in particular, Mark Olson's pod-pal Dean Zimmermann still like to refer to PRT as a "green technology" or "sustainable transportation".

The TLC resolution says Minnesota shouldn't waste time on PRT and PRT doesn't get a green seal of approval from the Sierra Club either... and that is the final word.

Learn more about the PRT scam at the PRT is a Joke web site.

2 comments:

Anthony Julian II said...

I agree that PRT has many ugly flaws and laughed for a long time when I saw the PRT recommendations and the current projects that supposedly work. I think for me the worst part of it is that even IF it were more efficient (which it is not) when compared to mass transit, or more convenient (uh again not). It is like building a rollercoaster through your entire landscape. Gorgeous. Yuck. I could enjoy it not. Thanks for your post on my blog.

AJ

Avidor said...

Good comment, thanks (and interesting blog).