Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mark Olson's Personal Rapid Transit Fantasy

A letter appeared in the Sherburne County Citizen on September 30th that carried this attack on yours truly :

"As I read the letter in last week’s paper from Joyce LeClaire, I couldn’t help but wonder how our priorities got so messed up. On top of which she has numerous factual errors...probably from the false “expert” Ken Avidor (left wing author of numerousblogs..."


My October 8th response:

To The Editor,

The Citizen published a letter from Mark Swanson that states that I am a "false expert". Mr. Swanson is attacking the messenger instead of responding to the message. Mr. Swanson then goes on to denounce me as a "left wing author" even though Mark Olson worked very closely alongside the Green Party’s Dean Zimmermann (recently convicted of bribery) to promote PRT.

This is not about right versus left. This is about reality versus fantasy.

For many years Rep. Olson promoted an imaginary transportation concept that doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Olson has claimed for years that his PRT fantasy was better than light rail and commuter rail.

When Mark Olson attempted to attach his PRT amendment to this year's Capital Investment bill, it was voted down 26 to 107.

In 2005 I went three times to Mark Olson's committee at the Capital to testify against Mark Olson’s PRT bills and at all three hearings, Olson scratched his PRT bill from the agenda so I wouldn't be able to testify. I welcome an opportunity to share what I know about PRT with the citizens and voters of Sherburne County in a forum or debate.

Ken Avidor
Minneapolis, MN


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: