Monday, April 23, 2007

Drew Emmer Praises Rep. Mark Olson Was Arrested Himself Last Week

Friday, Drew Emmer, a right-wing blogger and nephew uncle of Rep. Tom Emmer (R-Delano) attacked KSTP's coverage of Rep Mark Olson's "Death & Suicide" rant on the House floor last week:

The media wants Rep. Mark Olson gone. There's no doubt about it. Mark is a republican house member who is well respected and obviously supported by his constituents with one of the most consistent re-election margins in Minnesota. He has a pending legal matter before the court that will be settled this summer. But KSTP 5 Eyewitness News has already convicted him. This is not journalism. This is a DFL complicit media hatchet job. This is a blatant violation of journalistic ethics. This is against anyone's sensibilities of human decency.

Today, Drew Emmer has a post on his Wright County Republican blog about his recent arrest for a fowl crime:

The era of "never been arrested" ended for me last Monday. 

It was a gorgeous evening. I was preoccupied with the news of Virginia Tech. I headed west from my office toward Delano to take in a nephew's baseball game. As I passed through Maple Plain two West Hennepin Public Safety squads converged on me and pulled me over. No traffic violation. They were just randomly running plates and when they ran mine the alarm went off. I was surprised to learn that there was a warrant out for my arrest.

Last fall I went on a guided goose hunt in Rochester. Two DNR officers checked our guns and licenses. I did not have a federal migratory waterfowl stamp on my Minnesota license and I got a ticket. (My federal stamp was on my Missouri license, which I neglected to bring with me that day). I was told to call Olmstead County to find out about the fine. I called the next week and was informed that I would have to call back since the DNR had not yet submitted my ticket to Olmstead County. I failed to follow up. Hence the warrant.


....so Drew Emmer ends up in the hoosegow for his wild goose chase. But, Emmer's not too upset because he feels he's being taken care of by like-minded folks:

"The staff at Hennepin County Jail are all Sheriff Stanek's folks and they do a remarkable job considering the slice of society they interact with each day. "


...hmmm... what "slice of society" is that, Drew?

Then when I thought I was finally getting out they put me in general population until almost 2am. My cellmates nicknamed me Crocodile M-f-ing Dun-f-ing-Dee when they found out what I was in for. As I finally walked out of the pod a lone voice said "keep it real birdman".


Emmer then shoots his mouth off about how the cops should have done it different... what a birdbrain!

Emmer and Olson... jailbirds of feather:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: