Wednesday, November 21, 2007

DAVID STROM: PRT "DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME."

FROM THE TAXPAYER LEAGUE'S RADIO SHOW 1/1/2005:

I'll give you my take on this (PRT)...First, Personal Rapid Transit already exists and it's called the automobile. Now, with that said, the argument for the PRT system that exists out there is...well...this is a great way to add capacity very rapidly without...uh...since it's elevated you don't have the same problems with having to knock down houses and various other things...uh...y'know, but if you start looking at the system, the problem is there is no system. It doesn't really... I mean, part of their argument is about how it failed somewhere else, "well, it's not really what we got here"... uh...and I say, well look, let's build it in Dubai. Let's build it where they want to throw tons of money at it... if it's so great, then we'll see. If not, uh... why should we be subsidizing it?... certainly not to the tune of 600 million bucks... that's a ton of money...uh, it just doesn't make any sense to me..

Although I disagree with David Strom on many other matters I have to admit he's consistent in his opposition to transit... even bogus, gadget transit.

No comments: