Friday, September 05, 2008

Group Organized to Defeat Rep. Mark Olson in the Primary?

LTE in the West Sherburne Tribune:

At the recent House District 16 A/B board meeting an obnoxious, boisterous man (who identified himself as Phil Herwig) threatened the members of the BPOUs in Senate District 16. He demanded that the executive committees undo the endorsement of Mark Olson as senate candidate or he and his group would begin releasing literature designed to defeat Olson in the primary.


Does this group exist? Has anyone seen their literature? I will be happy to post their literature on this blog. Just send an email to the gmail address posted on my profile.

In another LTE, Rep. Mark Olson frames the election this way:

The event of my private mistake in 2006 has been a persistent topic. People who speak against me exercise some courage, which should be appreciated.

From the beginning, I repeatedly acknowledged my need for forgiveness from God, my wife and family and the people. I've heard many times from people and attorneys alike that, if I did not stop apologizing for what I felt I did do, I would be found guilty for what I did not do.

Regardless of requests for forgiveness, I may not receive it from some. That is well understood. People who know me, know how important honesty and a good name have always been to me, long before my political involvement.


Stop right there... Rep. Mark Olson is a politician and all politicians bend the truth... but, Rep. Mark Olson is something special when it comes to lying to his constituents. Olson promotes the PRT boondoggle which would fleece the taxpayers of millions of dollars.

Once a mistake is made, we obviously cannot change it but only strive to address it the best way possible. Sometimes that is not easy either.


... now for some denial...

It is the false and enhanced accusations that are difficult, especially when they come from other well intended honorable people and senators who never checked their facts. Please know that I persist with my need for forgiveness. I did not however throw a typewriter. I did not beat my wife nor was I convicted of it; regardless of how many senators and citizens seem to enjoy repeating it.


... like I've said before, Olson did not enter a plea at his arraignment. That was the time he should have affirmed his innocence. Too late now....

I am grateful for the benefits from these past experiences. My wife and I agree that no family should ever be treated the way we've been. With what we have been through we have a lot more to offer.

Mark Olson

Big Lake, MN


While Olson begs and whines for forgiveness for his perceived injustice, I hope that the voters of SD 16 will remember September 9th that Rep. Mark Olson has not shown compassion to other citizens caught up in the criminal justice system... EVEN INNOCENT PEOPLE ON DEATH ROW:

Photobucket

No comments: