Friday, July 07, 2006

How to Win Friends With Personal Rapid Transit

I just received this desperate plea from a member of the Advanced Transit Association:


Lawrence J. Fabian
Trans.21 Boston

Attached is a report summarzing several years of analysis of PRT applications by seasoned professionals. It's something that should not be dismissed in a superficial, knee-jerk way.

I hope you look at it with an open mind.

Sincerely,

Lawrence J. Fabian
Trans.21 Boston


Uh, Larry. If you want to see "superficial knee-jerk" go to one of the gazillions of PRT web sites and read the nasty anti-LRT screeds like the Skytran site... y'know Skytran?... the PRT system that is 15 times cheaper than LRT because it can be built with a guideway-extruding robot?

5 comments:

Mr_Grant said...

Uh, "mind closed," one guesses.

A Transportation Enthusiast said...

Silly gadgetbahners! Why would they try to inject knowledge and reason into this witch hunt?

Avidor said...

FYI: I say on my website that I will not answer e-mails from PRT cultists like Mr. Fabian. I bounce such e-mails back to the sender.

Don't even think of calling me at my home during dinner as Mr. Fabian did.

You are welcome to rant and rave here all you want ... it only helps to illustrate what a bunch of wackos you PRTistas are.

Mr_Grant said...

Read Larry Fabian's account of the whole conserversation, here. Go on, you know you want to.

A Transportation Enthusiast said...

You heard what I said: I will not be forced to discuss! I will not be forced to think! I will not be forced to read an alternative viewpoint! I will not consider ideas that contradict my narrow worldview! How dare Fabian send me an email with information! Information is the weapon of the gadgetbahner!