Saturday, July 15, 2006

Jeral Poskey's New PRT Venture

A reader sent me a link to Jeral Poskey's new PRT company, Da Vinci Global Services.

I saw Mr. Poskey at Minneapolis City Hall, March 26, 2004... Dean Zimmermann and Mark Olson were making their PRT pitch to the Minneapolis City Council. Standing at the side of the room and looking very out of place, were two Young Republican-type fellows in business suits with American flag lapel pins. One of them was Jeral Poskey.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's Poskey's description of how he decided to join the PRT flim-flam:

I became interested in PRT in 1990, when I read a short article on the topic. I followed the field for years, first as a student and then later as a Congressional Aide in Washington. It became clear to me that PRT was inevitable and that it would be explosive once it hit the market. I determined that the best role I could play would be to go to business school at a place where innovation was valued, and I came to Stanford.


After Stanford, Poskey moved to Minneapolis to work for the Taxi 2000 Corporation.

One day, Jeral Poskey drove over to Ed Anderson's house to pick up a Taxi 2000 computer from the home of Ed Anderson who had just left the company he founded to start yet another PRT company (PRT International). Poskey discovered that the hard drive had been tampered with and company files were missing. Poskey managed to recover the files from the hard drive and discovered e-mails Ed Anderson had sent before and after announcing he left Taxi 2000. Those e-mails were included in affidavits when Ed Anderson was sued by Taxi 2000. You can read those emails here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the lawsuit, Taxi 2000 settled into its current moribund state and Jeral Poskey moved on to become board chairman of the Advanced Transit Association.

Jeral Poskey has another gig... selling ads for the Congressional Softball League website.

How sad that Mr. Poskey, unlike many Stanford graduates has ended up a bottom-feeder in Lake Woebegone.

I have a suggestion for Mr. Poskey on how to turn his PRT lemon into PRT lemonade... use his inside knowledge of Taxi 2000 to write a book about the PRT flim-flam.

With PRT's bizarre cast of characters, I'm sure it would be lots of fun to read... maybe a bestseller.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

A Transportation Enthusiast said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Avidor said...

Please keep commenting, A.T.E. You are the best example of how unhinged PRTistas are.

A Transportation Enthusiast said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Ken! I think I will! :-D

Mr_Grant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Transportation Enthusiast said...

So I guess the delete button is out in full force, eh? I must say, I'm
not surprised at all -- just more evidence that Ken Avidor does not
tolerate dissenting opinion. You're either with him or against him!
It's his way or the highway - literally, since anyone who
doesn't agree with him is labelled a shill for the highway industry.

And he obviously does not enjoy his opinions being lampooned. It's
much easier for him to delete than refute -- especially when there's
no basis on which to refute. Next thing you know, Ken will be holding
a Fahrenheit
451
-style PRT book-burning party... easier to destroy than
refute.

Now let's see how long it takes for him to delete this comment. :-D

Avidor said...

I think I'll leave this one up as an example of why I don't allow comments anymore.

This is the second time A.T.E.'s been banned.

A.T.E.'s the best example of how unhinged PRTistas are.